Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Some animals were born more equal than others

It feels like if I kept writing until I died, it would never be enough to express everything I want to say. For example: the word "fungible". I would love to have an opportunity to use "fungible" in my writing, but when would I ever have an organic opportunity to work it into the dialogue? I don't write about economics or finance, and for good reason. Never take financial advice from a writer. I'd have to come up with some thinly-veiled excuse to shoehorn it in awkwardly.
I tried interpretive dance for self-expression, too. That's probably the most interesting sentence ever written about interpretive dance, and I still fall asleep every time I read it back to myself.
The self is found in the expression of kinesthetics. A flash of limbs. Grunts and thrusts. The mind is clear, the goal precise. Assault, penetrate, and barrage. Unrelenting. Showing no forgiveness and no mercy. Pure, unfiltered hatred. Pure, unfiltered love. Every reflex honed to respond to the slightest twitch, every nerve on fire with an ache to connect, to control and dominate.

No comments:

Post a Comment