Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Flowing with the Music

Last night I was laying in bed, as per usual, thinking crazy thoughts about nothing. However, this time, there was this absolutely enchanting song playing. The bass was rich and resonant, rolling across not just the soundscape, but my very understanding of what bass could be. As I grew aware of the song, I ceased all thought and lost myself to it, letting my conception of identity, of physicality, drift away. Naturally, I lost my perception of time as well, and I cannot recall the length of the experience. Regardless of the time spent, it encapsulated what it needed to. Well, until stubborn little thoughts began to worm their way into existence. I started to wonder about the name of the song, and about the name of the author of such a piece. This evolved into more petty and immediate physical concerns- what speakers was I using to play this song? What platform had chosen it for me? Of course, at the moment I had the questions, the music ceased completely, and I remembered that I was laying in bed at night and it was completely silent in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment